Monday, December 21, 2015

Up In The Sky

All Portia POV
It’s the last day of taping for Ellen’s show before Christmas break, I have been keen on trying to keep my gift a secret because this time it’s more than just a gift. I’m giving her my heart all over again.
“Ready to go home baby?” Ellen asks me while we walk out of her office holding hands.
“Give me your keys, honey” I tell her before we exit the building.
“What? Why?”
“Because as of right now you're on vacation. Which means we are going out of town. Please, your keys?” surprisingly she hands them with no hesitation.
“Where are we going?” Ellen asks me as soon as I enter the LAX parking lot.
“It's a surprise baby. I have everything we need packed don't worry about anything. Just enjoy our little get away” I peck her lips and we walk to the private jet I got to take us where we need to go. The good thing about this is that I can tell the flight crew to not say where we are going, which of course I had to take advantage of.
“Portia, baby what did you planned?”
“If I tell you it won't be a surprise anymore will it?” I knew she would ask, it's not easy to keep it a secret when my wife is just too curious.
“I guess not but I want to know. I’m really curious baby, a hint?”
“Nope” I give her a smirk and giggle at her facial expression, “relax honey, it won't be a long flight so try to rest for now.”
She let it go and snuggled next to me resting her head on my chest. I was playing with her hair when she asked “are we there yet?”
“No baby, shhh close your eyes and relax” I run my hand up and down her back while I fumble with her wedding ring with my other hand “I love you so much” I whisper before kissing her head.
When she didn’t reply I realized she fell asleep, taking a deep breath I begin to relax myself. I didn’t want to sleep, I want to enjoy this moment I have with Ellen in my arms asleep and just think how far my life has come. How much it has changed, for the best of course, since I fell for this silly wife of mine. She is all I have and all I’ll ever need to be truly happy.
The flight attendant comes and says we will land in about ten minutes, Ellen usually doesn’t sleep through a whole flight and I really didn’t have the heart to wake her up. A few minutes after landing she was still sleeping, she must have had a long day “baby” I shake her gently to wake her up “honey it’s time to go.”
Mumbling incoherently she looks up to me with her sleepy eyes and gives me one of those smiles that still takes my breath away. Leaning up she caresses her lips against mine and murmurs “I love you so much” kissing me with so much love. We get lost in each other that I forgot we had to get off of the airplane and head to the hotel. Tomorrow will be an exciting day, a little hard on Ellen but I am sure she will recover from it as soon as I present her with her gift in, I think, an original way.
“Ma’am, Mrs. DeGeneres” the flight attendant clears her throat trying to hide her embarrassment at what she is witnessing “we have to perform maintenance of the aircraft so you will need to please exit soon” she says politely. I blush and Ellen just laughs like if this is an everyday thing that happens.
“Yes sorry, we were just on our way…” I tell her, I grab my purse, as that’s the only thing I had with me, and Ellen’s hand. Walking past the woman I smile “sorry about that…”
“About what? I didn’t see anything” she smiles and I nod my head.
“Thank you, that’s very nice of you” still holding Ellen’s hand we walk to the car that was waiting to take us to the hotel.
Inside the car Ellen just kept looking at me with a mischievous smile “what?”
“Nothing” she simply says but still gives me that look.
“Stop looking at me like that baby”
“I’m not doing anything” she laughs and I hit her arm playfully “I just like how she referred to you in the airplane Mrs. DeGeneres” she leans in and whispers close to my ear.
“Oh did you?”
“Very” out of nowhere she is full of passion and pulls me to her making me gasp in anticipation.
“No baby, wait not here” I try to push her but she is stronger than I am.
“I want you so bad baby, I’ll be fast I promise”
“Ellen no, in the hotel I promise” I almost give in at her attack on my neck and I try again to push her away again, this time succeeding.
“I intend to claim my reward in exchange for my waiting” she tells me in that husky voice that makes me want to take her right now but I compose myself and lean back on the car seat. Ellen kept drawing small circles on my thigh, her hand going more up with every circle she drew. We finally arrive at the hotel, we both rush to check in and into our room.
------------------------
I wake up wrapped in Ellen’s arms and glance at the clock on the nightstand. I jump out of bed instantly when I see the time.
“What? What happened?” Ellen mumbles sleepily.
“Nothing go back to sleep honey” I lay again to reassure her that she can continue her sleep. I need to go make sure everything is ready for when it's time to show her my gift.
“Ok…” soon her breathing slows and for the first time I hear her snore lightly, a smile forms on my lips at how cute this moment is. After a few minutes I get up slowly and get ready to go meet the person that will make this possible.
“Nice to meet you Mrs. DeGeneres. I'm Peter, how may I help you?” we shake hands.
“I had called a few weeks ago and I just wanted to make sure everything is in place for this noon”
“Yes there is nothing to worry about ma'am, I made sure personally”
“You will be the one going with us?”
“No there's someone who will take care of that. You will enjoy it. The view from there is mesmerizing ma'am” I shake his hand again and thank him for all his help. I don't think Ellen has realized where we are just yet, I have to get back to her before she gets suspicious.
------------------------
“Where have you been baby? I missed you…” she hugs and kisses me.
“I had to take care of something honey” not wanting to give anything away I change the subject. “Have you had your breakfast?”
“No I was waiting for you” she nuzzles my neck wrapping her arms around my waist.
“I wasn't gone that long baby” I kiss her head and run my hands up and down her back.
“Every second away from you feels like an eternity” I sigh internally at how romantic she is.
“I love you with all my heart Ellen, you are everything to me honey”
“I'm so lucky to have you Portia, you make me so happy. I love you.”
“No I'm the lucky one, you chose me among all the girls out there that they literally throw themselves at you. I'm proud to be your wife”
“They do? I don't notice honey, I only have eyes for you and only you” what's up with her today I wonder to myself.
“Enough of complementing each other, have breakfast with me baby?” I don't want to get more emotional hearing the cute things she has to say.
“Anything with you” how much can you love someone? Her eyes scream of the pure love she has for me, that's the look that still gives me butterflies after all this time together.
“Come on, we have a long day. Let me call room service and we can cuddle while we wait, how about that?”
“Perfect. What are we doing today? I don't even know where we are. Where did you abduct me to?”
“That is a surprise baby but I'm sure you will love it”
“I love anything that's from you. Come sit with me” I let her pull me to the couch and sit on her lap. While we wait I caress her cheek and peck her everywhere. We eat in silence just enjoying each other’s company.
“Baby we have to get ready” I get off her and walk to our suitcases to look for something warm to wear. While I was out I bought coats for both of us, it's freezing outside. I called down to the lobby to ask for a car which will be here in a few minutes so I go look for Ellen. “Honey are you ready?”
“Yeah, what's with you being so sneaky today?”
“Stop interrogating me and put this on” I pass her the coat and she looks at me confused. “Come on put it on, you will thank me later.”
“Are we in the North Pole or what?” She ask sarcastically.
“Close to that but not nearly” I grab my purse and her hand before we walk down to the car that's waiting for us.
“Snow?! Portia where are we?”
“Colorado” I simply say.
“Wh-what? What are we doing in Colorado?”
“I decided to give you your gift here. I'm sure you will enjoy our stay here and the next times that are to come” she is completely perplexed, she is out of words and just sits quietly. I snuggle closer and rest my head on her shoulder.
“Ma'am we arrived” the driver tells me. I get out of the car first then help Ellen and we walk hand in hand to the building.
“Ok baby you wait here and I'll be back in five minutes” I peck her lips and walk to the office I came to earlier.
“Glad you made it Mrs. DeGeneres please follow me” Peter says, we walk out and I go get Ellen and continue to follow him.
“Oh my god!” Ellen exclaims at the top of her lungs when she sees the hot air balloon.
“This is Thomas and he will be the one to ‘drive’ you around. Please enjoy” I shake Thomas's hand and thank Peter again for all his help today.
“I am not getting in that thing Portia. No way…” Ellen starts walking backwards away from me.
“It's not that bad baby come on” I beg her.
“You know I'm scared of heights. No, no, no...I can't do it…”
“Don't you trust me? I'll be right by your side. I'll hold you. I promise you will love it. I want to give you my gift...please?” I know she will give in as terrified as she is.
“Don't do that baby…you know I trust you with my life...it's just...”
“Please?” defeated she slumps her shoulders and reluctantly walks towards me.
“You won't regret it honey. It's only one time, never again will I put you through something like this and I'm willing to compensate your bravery” I give her a wink.
“Bravery? You're bribing me now? How low…” I laugh and peck her lips.
“Come on baby” she hesitates for a second then let's me pull her with me inside the basket.
“I'm so scared Portia. I don't want to do this…” I pull her close to me and kiss her lips. I lick her bottom lip begging for her to let me in. Her lips are trembling, I would guess it's because of the weather but I'm sure it's because she is afraid. I continue to kiss her while we gain more height, I really do feel sorry for her.
I pull away and look around us. We are really high but the view is breathtakingly beautiful. I look far into the horizon and see how the sky is different color signaling that the day is coming to an end. Ellen still refuses to see everywhere I point to. I take two steps and stand behind her and wrap my arms around her torso.
“Baby come see with me, the view is beautiful” I try to convince her.
“I'm- I’m scared…” I sigh and rest my chin on her shoulder.
“I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you. I'll hold you like this if you want me to but come see, at least before I give you my gift” I kiss her ear and she shudders. I turn to Thomas and ask how much time we have left before we have to go back down, half the time I’ve tried to convince Ellen to not be afraid.
“Ok…” she breaths out and leans her body on me. I take two steps so she has the perfect view “wow that is beautiful...wow…” I smile as I'm fully aware that her panic has temporarily disappeared.
“Didn't I tell you? Baby I have something to tell you…”
“What's that?” she turns around in my arms pecking my lips.
I get down on one knee and take out the little box from my jacket pocket. “You are the love of my life Ellen, my soulmate. Will you do me the honor of marrying me again?” I kiss her hand and tighten my grip around it.
“Oh Portia of course I would baby” a tear rolls down her cheek, I get up and wipe it away before we kiss. For the rest of the ‘ride’ I held her from behind and rested my head against hers.
“Did you like your gift?” I ask teasing her.
“Like it? I loved it” she turns around in my arms and kisses me forcing her tongue into my mouth making me moan. She pulls back for air and says “Colorado now will be a special place forever.”
“I was thinking we should get a little cabin for just the two of us to escape the hustle and bustle of the city” a smile spreads across her face telling me she likes the idea.
“That is a great idea baby”
“It is isn’t? For now we are staying here until you have to get back to work, just us here to no one to bother us” I tell her holding her close to me.
“Have I told you how much I love you?”
“Ummm a couple of times but not in the last hour…” I joke.
“I love you. I love you. I love you” she says in between kisses and I giggle “I plan on giving you part of your gift tonight Mrs. DeGeneres” she winks at me.
“I love you too baby, I can't wait for it Mrs. DeGeneres” I give her a smirk. We stay in the same position admiring our surroundings in silence. I breathe in and sigh at how unbelievably happy I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment